Inventory and PLC Reporting Accounting Manager
Job no: 497432
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To maintain the integrity of the company’s inventory accounting ledgers and assist with corporation tax accounting and PLC deliverables, ensuring accurate, relevant and timely reporting.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Ensure period-end inventory and Cost of Sales elements of the financial statements are complete, accurate and closed in a timely manner within internal/external guidelines.
- Support the Director of Group Financial Control with the external tax accounting and reporting.
- Drafting of key audit committee documents, including technical analysis papers.
- Oversight of all aspects of Inventory Accounting – additions, transfers, write-offs, obsolescence provisioning, physical car audits, inventory counts etc. This includes review of Cost of Sales journals as parts and vehicles are sold at month-end to ensure that revenue recognised has the equivalent costs in the Profit & Loss account.
- Responsibility for the month-end accounting of inventory by type (parts & components, WIP, finished vehicles & CSVs) and location (Gaydon, Wolverton Mill, Newport Pagnell, Wellesbourne, and various 3rd Party locations).
- Responsibility for rolling out, and improving where possible, current inventory management processes across the new St. Athan site as it goes live.
- Working closely with operational personnel – stores, MP&L, Purchasing, Finance etc to maintain integrity of the inventory listings versus the values held in the accounting system.
- Oversight and interrogation of BOMs used to ensure accurate reporting.
- Leading the periodic inventory counting processes, including liaising with external and internal auditors as required.
- Future scope to improve the current inventory IT system with the view of improving the efficiency, accuracy and effectiveness of Inventory reporting.
Qualifications & Experience:
- ACA/CIMA qualification desirable
- Tax accounting experience
- PLC financial reporting and document drafting experience
- Experience within finance or accounts team desirable with experience of inventory accounting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- PC literate with a good level of competence on Microsoft applications including strong Excel skills. Experience with Microsoft AX accounting package advantageous
- Methodical and process driven mind-set with ability to present and seek feedback at all levels within the business.
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus and access to car scheme.
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you!
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend