TdC Engineer - PLA002
Job no: 497276
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The role exists to identify and implement engineering cost reduction opportunities on current vehicles. The role is diverse and would suit a candidate with a desire to broaden their knowledge of a variety of commodities as well as develop their commercial skills. The role requires someone with engineering expertise, project management and some commercial experience.
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
- Product development and project management of multiple engineering initiatives, with the specific aim of reducing the cost of the bought out component / assembly.
- To pick up, manage and deliver existing cost reduction engineering changes.
- To design, develop and investigate new engineering lead cost reduction proposals - Identification of new VA/VE ideas through supplier based workshops, leading teardown events, benchmarking and internal consultation.
- Manage projects within a cross functional team including PD, Purchasing, Quality and Cost Estimating departments.
- Develop, manage and present detailed timing plans to agreed deadlines.
- Agree and execute appropriate DFMEA and DVP requirements for all projects involving significant design change.
- Responsible for a wide variety of components, so ability to transfer knowledge and experience to a new challenge is essential.
- Introduction of engineering change onto current car, following standard process of line trial prior to production release.
- Contribute to commercial & design roadmap reviews with management team, ensuring latest status is reported.
- Maintain effective internal & external communication with other departments & suppliers.
- Represent the department at periodic presentations to Directors, Chief Engineers and Senior Managers.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Knowledge of vehicle systems and components is required.
- Experienced user of NX (Preferably 10 onwards).
- Experienced user of Teamcentre.
- Knowledge of BS8888 Drawing standard.
- Experience with PPAP/SPAP/AMPAP.
- Educated to Engineering Degree level or equivalent.
- Experience within automotive product development, ideally with responsibility for a range of components.
- Good general commercial awareness, ideally with some negotiating experience.
- Self-motivated, with ability to motivate others to achieve personal objectives.
- Passionate about continuous improvement, especially in context of cost reduction and personal development.
- General knowledge of vehicle / component design and manufacture, inc DFMEA’s, PFMEA’s.
- Experience of cost reduction initiatives, tools and techniques desirable.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office.
- Awareness of latest manufacturing processes / techniques for a variety of materials and designs.
- The successful candidate must be a team player and be able to work closely within a small team.
- Confident communicator with ability to present at senior levels of the organisation.
- Basic Finance knowledge for business case development.
- Paying up to £27.00 per hour.
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend