Senior Engineer (Q Collection) - NEB009
Job no: 497258
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Special Projects
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Lead the engineering and delivery of Q Collection projects for all AM Platform vehicles to meet performance, quality, cost and timing targets.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Work under the direction of the Senior Manager and PMT Leader on a day to day basis
- Lead the engineering of body exterior, interior and associated systems and components to meet performance, quality, cost and timing targets.
- Project manage internal/external suppliers to deliver fully engineered systems, meeting all AML engineering and programme targets.
- Prepare and execute commodity-level and project-level timing plans for all system activities.
- Support the PMT where necessary at programme reviews including, but not limited to, PST’s, technical reviews and Gateways.
- Counsel CAD resource in the delivery of the system objectives.
- Lead execution of DVP and DFMEA studies.
- Create and own Engineering Release packs (CAD, drawings, data transmittal note).
- Act as the key fact holder for selected programme commodities.
- Lead the creation of design specifications, concept schemes and definition of master sections.
- Liaise with vehicle packaging to ensure complete vehicle integration.
- Manage concerns, containments and permanent corrective actions.
- Represent ‘Q’ in, design reviews, package meetings, Virtual Series events and FDJ gateways.
Qualification & Experience:
- Engineering degree (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of Carbon Fibre manufacturing processes and materials advantageous.
- Extensive experience within automotive engineering.
- Knowledge of automotive product development processes.
- Proven track record in design of automotive exterior and interior components
- Experience of leadership or clear evidence of leadership ability.
- Familiar with failure mode avoidance techniques including DFMEA.
- Proficient in MS Office tools: Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Good understanding of manufacturing techniques and tooling including, extruding, casting, injection moulding, fabrication and Carbon fibre.
- Proficient in the use of Teamcentre / VisMockup to interrogate CAD designs and drawings.
- Self-starting and self-motivated.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to deliver under pressure.
- Confident communicator with the ability to present at design reviews and technical forums.
- Paying a circa of £37,000 pa depending on experience
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme, either a Mercedes or Ford.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to Apply:
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend