Body Engineering Administrator (SSD004)
Job no: 497239
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes
To provide technical and administrative assistance to the Body Chief Engineers for the entire Body Engineering department.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Support the creation of recruitment documentation such as authority to recruit, job descriptions etc.
- Maintain departmental headcount tracker. Complete analysis of actual vs. forecast headcount.
- Support the alignment of departmental resource tracking to HR, finance and IT trackers.
- Develop and maintain contractor contract renewal report.
- Collate and manage travel requirements (booking flights, accommodation, taxis etc.).
- Organise new starter induction information (induction documentation, CDSID, systems request, etc.).
- Maintain departmental organisational charts.
- Raise purchase commitment requests for engineering services as required (including contractor renewals, facilities etc.).
- Chase down sign off for purchase commitment requests as necessary.
- Coordinate overtime approval sheets.
- Process weekly/monthly departmental invoices.
- Create and maintain weekly engineering timed release status report for the department.
- Daily sorting of company mail to respective team inboxes.
- Support the preparation of presentation materials for a variety of presentations as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Administrative qualifications beneficial or equivalent relevant experience.
- Previous experience of effective administrative assistance is necessary.
- Experience of assigning tasks and prioritise to small team to meet deliverables.
- Expertise in MS Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint ) is required. Visio would be beneficial.
- Time management skills to assist planning efficient use of time and effort of the chief engineer and Programme Management Team leaders to carry out their job functions.
- Documenting the status versus actual for all body related budgets.
- Ability to work on multiple sites is required.
- Able to manage multiple demands on time and priorities.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Must be able to learn quickly and integrate into a successful and dynamic team.
- Salary circa: £21,000
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme for Ford.
- Private Medical Cover - Single Cover, Family cover at an additional cost
- Health Shield Cash Plan - Single Cover, Family Cover at an additional cost.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory Bank Holidays.
- Holiday Bonus - £500 paid annually (pro-rata, dependent on length of service)
- Service Days - One service day for each 5 years of service up to a maximum of 5 service days
- Company Pension Scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to Apply:
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration. Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend