Senior Engineer (Hydraulics) - QAO117
Job no: 497234
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Categories: Special Projects
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Lead the Hydraulics Engineering projects in all aspects of engineering and delivery of Q Programmes.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Lead the Hydraulics engineering activity and support the QAO team to develop concepts and future model content.
- Monitor and progress resolution of actions from the weekly PMST meetings.
- Provide engineering feasibility and costing support to the Programme team.
- Create test plans, interpret results and support Engineering Sign-Off for Hydraulics systems.
- Lead the development of new and existing Hydraulics component and system suppliers to ensure they meet cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Present as the voice of Hydraulics in all mainstream programme forums including Gateways.
- Work with the Programme team to ensure projects are delivered to cost, quality and time targets.
- Release the Hydraulic systems for manufacture to cover prototype and production builds.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Automotive or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Extensive experience within the automotive industry, specifically within a commodity that uses hydraulic systems.
- Experience in component design, development and sign off.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good ability to clearly present information to all levels in the organisation.
- Ability to build up good working relationships across a wide area of the business.
- Extensive experience of project coordination.
- Driving licence, medical clearance to drive company vehicles.
- Intelligent, motivated and ambitious.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi task and prioritise workload.
- Confident and authoritative presentation skills.
- The ideal candidate will be an organised and positive self-starter who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline.
- Paying up to £28.00 per hour.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend