Design Trimmer - DES049
Job no: 497225
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Milton Keynes
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To develop and deliver Interior Trim to a world class standard. Supporting the Master Trimmer, cycle plans and Q projects.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Liaison with Tier 1 trim suppliers to communicate, discuss, validate and implement new trim designs and concepts.
- Production of First off Samples to help develop style intent and establish feasibility.
- Development of Production Trim covers (hard and soft trim).
- Manufacturing liaison to ensure production buy in and approval of new designs.
- Production Process Development to ensure repeatability (care points etc.)
- Resolution of Open issues arising from production builds, testing etc.
- Production of Master Trim Patterns + Master Trim physical properties for Trim Dev handover
- Creation of Initial Trim Cover Bill of Materials (Trim Panels, laminates, retainers).
- Communication of trim patterns / data to external suppliers + internal customers.
- Role development will require a desire & ability to collaborate with Designers sketches & ideas to produce feasible properties.
- Some travel between various AML sites required
- Support team meetings when required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Extensive previous Trim experience essential
- Experience working for Tier 1 or OEM automotive supplier
- Knowledge of trim development process and best practices
- Knowledge of trim limitations and production constraints when establishing feasibility
- Knowledge of Trim retention methods and best practices
- Ability to use sewing machines + associated equipment
- Knowledge of different types of threads + Applications (join, decorative, airbag)
- Ability to use different types of sew seams (single, twin, top stitch etc.)
- Knowledge of Leather (material characteristics, processing and production techniques)
- Knowledge of other trim materials (Foams, laminates, cloth, alcantara, PVC, carpet)
- Knowledge and understanding of adhesives + bonding techniques
- Ability to sculpt 3D foams to support production of initial samples
- Awareness of mechanisms + components (eg. Airbags, heating / cooling systems)
- Enthusiastic and passionate about developing automotive trim to world class standards.
- Must be able to communicate well with people of all levels within the company.
- Must be self-sufficient and be able to work autonomously
- Competitive salary (circa £40k)
- Access to Mercedes and Ford car schemes.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double. matched contribution from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend