Power Management - Project Engineer - ETL070
Job no: 497205
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes.
Design & develop new and existing vehicle power management requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop and deliver commodity strategy for power management components such as 12V Battery, 48V Battery, Alternator, HV Components like (DC/DC Converters, HVJB, Charger), Fuseboxes and 12v Power accessories.
- Conduct and document vehicle benchmarking.
- Lead supplier meetings and cross-functional meetings to deliver commodity strategy.
- Support Electrical Application team to advice on development plans, cost and timings.
- Deliver commodity strategy within agreed QCT.
- Create, Update & gain approval for Component Design Manual.
- Deliver requirements for feature specification under power management ownership.
- Manage the design of vehicle power management systems to ensure robust electrical power delivery for all electrical system.
- Lead package definition of components under PMST ownership.
- Provide the required data to support the system power management requirements such as: Power consumption, Current characteristics, Nominal operating current and Key off load.
- Work with Circuits and Electrical Distribution System team to define efficient power management strategy.
- Support sub-system Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis reviews.
- Lead design verification plan and ensure timely completion of Final Engineering Sign off for ongoing programmes.
- Component Releasing and Change Control management.
- Provide technical oversight to engineering partners working on power management commodities on various programme
- Coordinate and support vehicle testing for all owned components.
- Support vehicle builds and provide problem solving (‘8D’ process) for all identified issues.
- Support Cost and Weight Reduction initiatives.
- Lead/support Supplier Meetings, Technical Meetings and Vehicle testing.
Experience and Qualifications
- Engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
- Experience gained within automotive electrical design and development.
- Extensive knowledge of battery technology and battery requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of Alternator technology and associated requirements.
- Good experience and knowledge of vehicle electrical systems, especially fusing/relays, DC/DC converters, Charging Systems and battery protection systems.
- Experience of battery load balance requirements.
- Experience of project management.
- Project managed battery systems successfully into production.
- Working knowledge of relevant regulations and approvals.
- Understanding of Quality Control Process (8D etc.).
- Understanding of electric vehicles & traction battery technology & requirements.
- Must be able to use electrical test equipment.
- Ability to support and input at DFMEA reviews.
- Ability to support prototype builds.
- Manage a large workload in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to analyse test data from supplier testing and work to timely solutions when required.
- Must have good report writing skills.
- Must be proactive and trust their initiative using minimum supervision to produce practical solutions.
- Should have a clean and valid driving license.
- Salary circa: £44,000.
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme, either a Mercedes or Ford.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend