Project Engineer - Powertrain Cooling Systems - PTN040
Job no: 497202
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes.
To deliver future Cooling Systems on a broad range of Applications, from Concept through to Series Production.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Ownership of Cooling Systems across multiple Vehicle Platforms & Applications including:
- Base Engine & Air Induction
- Transmission & Driveline
- Powertrain Electronics
- Define from first principles; future Platform & Archetype Definition and Design Standards.
- Lead/Support Concept System Selection and Application of Archetypes and Design Standards.
- Lead/Support CAD activities within the Powertrain Cooling Systems Team.
- Lead/Support Application Engineers with the delivery of Final Engineering Sign Off activities.
- Create, maintain, and deliver System & Component Timing Plans.
- Maintain Benchmarking & Research of related technologies.
- Lead Quality History Reviews and Design Failure Modes & Effects Analyses for Design Verification Plan generation, and Adjustment of Aston Martin Test Procedures.
- Lead/Support achievement of Functional Targets through collaboration with Attribute Owners.
- Lead/Support achievement of Financial Targets through collaboration with Procurement, and Product Cost Estimating.
- Lead cross-functional meeting with Suppliers, Procurement, and Quality.
- Identify & Assess Intellectual Property Rights Risks & Opportunities.
- Ensure CAD designs incorporate all Design for Manufacture & Service requirements.
- Ensure achievement of all Legal & Certification, Environmental, and Logistical Requirements.
- Generate Cooling System Bill of Materials
- Lead/Support Virtual Verification activities, including Packaging, 1D & 3D Analysis.
- Liaise with System Engineers & Suppliers to ensure System & Component delivery is achieved.
- Supervise, Check & Approve Engineering Drawings for Tooling & Component Creation as per Aston Martin Drafting Standards.
- Create Prototype & Production Engineering Releases (Submission of Engineering Drawings & Supporting Information).
- Support Prototype & Production Builds (Virtual & Physical)
- Ownership of Concerns & Containment Actions (Virtual & Physical)
- Lead/Support Testing of Components & Systems. (Virtual & Physical)
- Perform Data Analysis & Judgement in line with Final Engineering Sign-Off Requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Extensive recent experience of Automotive OEM Cooling, at Component and System level (Including Specification, Design, and Development).
- Strong theoretical knowledge of Cooling & Thermal Management.
- Flexibility to work on multiple tasks to a tight timescale, accurately, without detailed supervision.
- Competent with MS Office.
- Salary Circa: £45,000.
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme, either a Mercedes or Ford.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend