Senior Programme Manager - PRM113
Job no: 497135
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes.
To manage and control all programme aspects for a given set of programmes.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Overall ownership, leadership and management of the Product Creation element of Programme delivery – responsible for ensuring Cost, Quality and Timing targets are achieved across all technical delivery functions.
- Financial definition, target, maintenance and responsibility.
- Lead and manage with Supply, Chief Engineers, Programme Module Team leaders, Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, New Model Quality and Finance the on time delivery of Engineering releases to support programme build requirements.
- Ensure Bill of Material structure and content is aligned to product definition, robust and available to support programme requirements.
- Lead and manage the escalation of issues through the Change control process.
- Responsible for scheduling and lead management of Gateway and Senior Management reviews including recommending Gateway readiness.
- Ensure all identified deliverables are understood by relevant owners and then manage issues and conflict to achieve for each program milestone within the Aston Martin Lagonda Programme Delivery process.
- Manage the delivery of systems and components to support any prototype build requirements.
- Lead engineering resource management ensuring all activities are adequately supported to deliver the Programme.
- Deliver concern status targets and lead the review of resulting resolution actions and ensure the implementation of corrective actions.
- Deliver robust and transparent programme metrics to demonstrate programme control and a clear understanding of any issues.
- Manage the Vehicle Programme Plan .
- Chair and lead the Programme Steering Team to manage Programme delivery work streams.
- Manage the Programme Module Team’s and ensure delivery of technical solutions to satisfy all programme requirements.
- Support the development and demonstration of targets against vehicle attributes in conjunction with the CPM, Vehicle Engineering Manager, Programme Module Team Leaders and Programme Attribute Team's.
- Manage the programme change management processes including concerns, containments and releases.
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree qualified or exceptional equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience of automotive engineering in either OEM or Engineering consultancy.
- Specific automotive programme management experience.
- Premium and Luxury OEM Programme Management experience.
- Decision making and team leadership.
- Management of cross-functional teams.
- Conflict resolution.
- Product knowledge.
- Presentation skills.
- Data manipulation.
- Self-confident & enthusiastic – can motivate team.
- Passionate about the product and programme delivery.
- Resilient to changes in direction.
- salary circa: £60,000.
- One management lease vehicle and one premium lease vehicle (or two lease vehicles).
- Car in retirement - One management lease vehicle (Ford product range only).
- Bonus of up to 20%.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Up to family Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Up to Family Cover.
- Travel Insurance - Up to Family Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend