CAD Powertrain Cooling Systems Engineer- PTN053
Job no: 497126
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes.
Designing future Cooling Systems on a broad range of Applications, from Concept through to Series Production.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Responsible for Cooling Systems CAD across multiple Vehicle Platforms & Applications including:
- Base Engine & Air Induction
- Transmission & Driveline
- Powertrain Electronics
- Lead CAD activities within the Powertrain Cooling Systems Team for given Applications working closely with the Senior/Project Engineers.
- Translate design from 1D schematics to 3D data: utilising AML Archetypes and Design Standards.
- Closely follow Virtual Series deliverables across multiple Applications.
- Lead/support cross-functional Design Reviews with Senior/Project Engineers, Suppliers, Procurement, and Quality.
- Ensure CAD designs incorporate all Design for Manufacture & Service requirements.
- Create Engineering Drawings for Tooling & Part manufacture as per AML Drafting Standards.
- Create a weekly CAD report: including CDL, static & dynamic clearance, and mass progression.
- Support Senior/Project Engineers with the delivery of Final Engineering Sign Off activities.
- Support Quality History Reviews and Design Failure Modes & Effects Analyses for Design Verification Plan generation, and Adjustment of Aston Martin Test Procedures.
- Support achievement of Functional Targets through collaboration with Senior/Project Engineers.
- Support achievement of Financial Targets through collaboration with Senior/Project Engineers.
- Identify Intellectual Property Rights Risks & Opportunities.
- Support achievement of all Legal & Certification, Environmental, and Logistical Requirements.
- Support generation & maintenance of Cooling System Bill of Materials
- Support Senior/Project Engineers & Suppliers to ensure System & Component delivery is achieved.
- Support creation of Prototype & Production Engineering Releases (Submission of Engineering Drawings & Supporting Information).
- Support Prototype & Production Builds (Virtual & Physical)
- Support resolution of Concerns & Containment Actions (Virtual & Physical)
- Support testing of Components & Systems. (Virtual & Physical)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Recent experience gained within an Automotive OEM Cooling or Tier 1, at Component and System level.
- Strong Drafting & 3D Design experience.
- Ideally with NX & Teamcenter background.
- Good theoretical knowledge of Cooling & Thermal Management.
- Experience in design & manufacture of Heat Exchangers, Pipes & Hoses, Pumps, Valves, Fan Modules, Reservoirs, fabricated brackets, and rubber mouldings.
- Flexibility to work on multiple tasks to a tight timescale, accurately, without detailed supervision.
- Competent with MS Office.
Contract Rate circa: £26p/h.
How to Apply:
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration. Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend