Maintenance Technician - MTS012
Job no: 497121
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. With this opportunity available now, you have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment that is fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic. The Construction of the new facility in South Wales is now fully underway and joining the team now means becoming part of the history of the iconic brand and contributing to the heritage of a prestigious product.
This role will see you in joining the Facilities & Maintenance team, working on machinery that is state of the art. Allowing the production suite here in St Athan to complete the build on the next Aston Martin's to make history within the Brand.
Overseeing all aspects of the installation of new and current facilities from a Maintenance point of view. Liaising with the Facilities Engineers to ensure all targets are met. Maintain all manufacturing plant, equipment and facilities to a high standard and good working order. Improve equipment reliability by increasing the mean time between failures (MTBF) while reducing the mean time to repair (MTTR). Flexibility to working hours might be required for commissioning and breakdowns.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Typical example of work would be to respond to equipment breakdowns, effective fault finding and repair. All work to be carried out with safety and efficiency in mind
- Carrying out necessary PM schedules, assist in the development as well as effective logging and documentation
- Be proactive in rectifying faults and issues
- Identify continuous improvements opportunities
- Plan and prioritise workload to support production and ensure efficient use of working time
- Identify spares requirements and control / log usage
- Work with team in stores organization and breakdown reduction
- Assist with the moving, installation, repositioning of machines and equipment.
- Operate fork lift truck and elevated working platforms as required.
- Report faults and concerns to management
- A flexible approach in working shift patterns is essential
Qualification & Experience:
- Electrical / Mechanical Engineering qualification BTEC / HNC / Apprenticeship
- Proven experience of fault finding and troubleshooting of manufacturing machinery including; PLC’s, inverters, safety systems, sensors, motors, conveyors, gearboxes, pneumatics, AHU’s, gas ovens, pumps, LV, HV systems
- Industrial Robot Maintenance experience
- Background of Automotive industry preferred
- Understanding of ISO12100 is desirable
- Compliance with ATEX & DSEAR standards
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend