Vehicle Dynamics CAE Engineer - CHS012
Job no: 497107
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes.
Modelling of Chassis systems and full vehicle simulations.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Support Attribute team to define VD targets during concept design phase.
- Generate vehicle models and tests on vehicle simulators.
- Set up and work with simulators to support Dynamics on specific programmes.
- Complete handling, steering and ride studies on ADAMS/VI-grade and study the effects of kinematics and compliance under various load conditions.
- Assess effects and suggest any changes required to maintain targets.
- Investigate vehicle dynamics issues arising during development using simulation models.
- Use measured data to correlate vehicle models.
- Collaborate to create and develop Chassis control system algorithms in conjunction with system suppliers.
- Ensure harmonised interaction of all Chassis electronically control systems.
- Develop control systems and strategies alongside system suppliers using Vi-Grade, Simulink or other appropriate software.
- Interact with ECU suppliers, Component Engineers, Simulation Team and Dynamics Department.
- Specification and testing of vehicle dynamic-control application software.
- Vehicle dynamics control system design.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering Degree in appropriate discipline.
- ADAMS CAR training courses completed.
- Experience as a Vehicle Dynamics CAE Engineer within the automotive/Motorsport industry.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Vehicle Dynamics and factors affecting car performance and handling.
- Experience using simulation and analysis techniques.
- Experience in Tyre Modelling for Handling, Ride and Load estimation analysis.
- Good knowledge in VD attribute in general, strong on collaboration and coordination across functions.
- Expert user of Matlab/Simulink
- Expert user of VI-grade CarRealTime
- Expert user of Adams/Car
- User of Adams/Controls and Adams/Ride
- User of Vector e.g. CANape
- User of Wintax
- Strong time management, accuracy, diligence, ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs.
- Positive attitude, resolute and high drive for results.
- Salary circa: £45,000.
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme, either a Mercedes or Ford.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to Apply:
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration. Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend