Job no: 497089
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be involve travelling to the various locations as part of their responsibilities
To continue to provide support to the business in critical areas of risk. To maintain the standards that the business has become accustom to whilst also enhancing the management system to ensure growth and sustainability.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To accept responsibility for the day to day Health & Safety Management System in line with Company Policy, ensuring compliance with relevant authority bodies and all legislation as a minimum in areas of responsibility.
- As part of the Health & Safety team promote a best practice culture within the organisation.
- To accept that continuous improvement is a proactive process which fundamentally links to business performance as part of the management structure and business plan.
- Working unsupervised be responsible for the day to day development of the Health & Safety strategy and procedure whilst also providing technical support and advice at all levels within the business.
- Provide support to the Departmental Manager in aligning business strategy for Safety & Risk Management.
- Promote a culture that ensures continuous improvement through a proactive identification of business risks.
- Drive effective strategies, plans and processes that work towards the achievement of the long term Health & Safety objectives working with key stake holders ensuring effective communication of standards and legislation as applicable.
- Working closely with senior management, continue our efforts to extend current proactive behaviours towards identifying, managing and minimising risk across our business.
- Analyse accident & near miss data – produce trends & Reports
- Track progress of Concern & Corrective Action Reports, ensuring containment actions remain in place.
- Maintain established standards and improve overall performance metrics
- Meet and exceed KPI’s measures with engagement of key stakeholders a key factor.
- Reduction in lost time, maintain the “Zero” days lost mentality.
- Improved productivity with demonstrable output of implemented initiatives.
- Maintain the Cycle of Continuous Improvement.
- Implement and monitor an effective Cultural Behaviour change.
- Focus on being the Supplier of Choice.
- Climate & Employee survey analysis and feedback.
- Commercial Review, review the annual budget and engage stakeholders in cost effective solutions.
Qualifications and Experience:
Working in a fast pace environment as an experienced safety practitioner this position requires the individual to ensure the highest operating standards are developed, implemented and enhanced in line with business and company values. The corner stone of this position concentrates on strong leadership through implementation and development of process & procedure.
An ample subject knowledge combined with demonstrable leadership qualities and interpersonal skills enables you to inspire others to make shift changes in their thinking and approach.
- Managing and implementing systems (Manufacturing background preferable)
- NEBOSH Diploma Level or equivalent
- Professional Body Membership IOSH, IIRSM, CIEH or equivalent
- Someone who seeks perfection in a calm and dependable way
- A proven track record in people management & employee development
- Experience in project management, problem solving.
- Excellent reporting and strong presentation skills
- Negotiable base salary in line with experience (Salary circa £38,000)
- Access to Mercedes and Ford car schemes.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double. matched contribution from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend