Bill of Material Administrator - TNS036
Job no: 497048
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes.
To work as an integral part of the Engineering Services team, providing a service to all users company wide, with Engineering data, whilst operating within strict time constraints.
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
- Maintain the bill of materials for various programmes, handling and releasing to multiple Bill of Materials at any one time.
- Data input in multiple Bill of Materials from initial file set-up through all prototype build phases to production release.
- Ensure compliance of Engineering Release Notifications to the latest processes and standards e.g.Engineering services information sheets.
- Support the flow of releases through the ‘releasing wall’ process.
- Log the flow of all releases through the sign off process. Including regularly report out releasing metrics through the business.
- Regularly updating the material required date and Target CMM date to drive the Engineering Timing Release Schedule used to support timing requirements.
- Support programme needs with the fulfilment of ad hoc engineering information requests.
- Support in the control of Product Development ancillary documentation, including maintenance of registers.
- Archiving Product Development based documentation to Sharepoint (Aston Martin Lagonda electronic respository).
- General office duties – photocopying, scanning, document numbering, emailing to distribution lists.
Qualifications & Experience:
- PC skills require a high degree of manual dexterity.
- Understanding, if not experience, of planning, databases and automotive industry would be helpful.
- Experience in engineering change management and bill of material management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good level of proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- A good team player who can work alone when required.
- Needs to be thorough – Attention to detail is critical.
- Highly Self Motivated and focused.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Rate:Circa £11.00 per hour.
- Full time rolling contract.
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend