Packaging Engineer - SUP011
Job no: 497006
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The job holder will be responsible for all aspects of container development and container control activities.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
The main responsibilities of the role will be to co-ordinate which parts need special containers developed and which require standard rentals. Where special containers are required, the Packaging engineer is to co-ordinate discussions between all relevant internal functions, the supplier, and the pallet manufacturer to agree and buy-off a design, confirm the quantity required and control delivery of the volume containers. They will also be responsible for monitoring the spend within the budget set for the project. Where standards are needed, they will be required to complete relevant documentation for the supplier and third-party container provider, answer any new supplier queries, and ensure all suppliers know how to operate the rental process correctly.
Prior to any engineering change, volume uplift, model year actions and new model introductions, the Packaging Engineer will be required to support the development of a budget by estimating the amount of specials and standards required. They will need to liaise with PST’s and Change Control to ensure they are aware of all new parts which require packaging solutions and use GPDS guidelines to control the timing of projects to ensure pallets are delivered on time to support the build.
- It will be the role of the Packaging Engineer to ensure the correct pallet information is loaded and maintained on VCS (Goldcrest), through the LLP. They will also be expected to control a Packaging CCAR list to capture issues raised with existing packaging, prioritise the list and work to find a solution. Issues will include repairs, repeated non-conformance, Concerns, removal of cardboard, downsizing opportunities, H&S/ergonomic issues, return of empties, review of container loops and bogeys, reducing scrap and resolving Volvo issues.
Qualifications and Experience
- Pallet development background and a good understanding of the impact of containerisation on the entire supply chain, Parts quality and Production.
- Working knowledge of the gateway process, to monitor project readiness.
- Ability to calculate pallet loops, monitor spend and report issues status and timing plans.
- Negotiable base salary in line with experience (Salary circa £37,000)
- Access to Mercedes and Ford car schemes.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double. matched contribution from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend