Project Engineer (Interior) - QAO174
Job no: 496981
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Categories: Special Projects
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The position is to lead and be responsible for the full design specification and compatibility to all system attributes and performance targets. This will involve interaction and co-ordination of both supplier and internal departments to deliver the system within quality, costs and timings. The role is contract position paying up to £29.00 per hour.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Work under the direction of the PMT Leader on a day to day basis.
- Set Functional and Performance targets for full Interior systems.
- Project manage internal/external suppliers to deliver fully engineered systems, meeting all AML engineering and programme targets.
- Prepare and execute project-timing plans for all system activities eg. Build support, DVP test plan.
- Lead the PMST in the delivery of the system objectives and present progress on those objectives to the PMT.
- Support the PMT where necessary at programme reviews including, but not limited to, PST’s, Technical reviews and Gateways.
- Counsel CAD resource in the delivery of the system objectives.
- Lead execution of DVP and DFMEA studies.
- Preparation and ownership of engineering release packs where required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent within an engineering related discipline with automotive experience in component design.
- Five years plus experience within automotive industry, preferably with a broad range of experience, particularly within Interior Trim and hardware system design and delivery.
- Knowledge of interior trim components, Carbon Fibre, Carpets, plastic injection moulding components, Vac formed parts, machined metal products and metal bracketry etc.
- Knowledge of leather trimming and mechanism systems would also be advantageous.
- A working knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirements & lead times.
- Experience of working in high pressure pre-production and launch situations.
- Experienced project management skills or clear evidence of leadership ability.
How to Apply:
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend