Parts Logistics Operative
Job no: 496927
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Wolverton Mill
Categories: Aston Martin Works
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To provide accurate, accessible, safe and secure storage for Aston Martin Lagonda’s parts, accessories and Collection items. Receiving, locating, picking, packing and despatching of goods world-wide in line with order cut-off times and carrier daily collection schedules. Adhering to domestic, international transportation and Custom’s entry requirements. The hours of work are Monday to Thursday 08:00 till 18:00 and 08:00 till 17:00 on Fridays. Please note the hours may change depending on the business requirements.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Pick daily dealer and other orders as required
- Pack all daily orders as required for despatch
- Unload parts from external and internal suppliers
- Check that the quantity advised matches what is supplied. Book in all deliveries
- Advise any discrepancies liaising with Suppliers/Procurement/Quality
- Label all parts being received
- Co-ordination of daily shipping enquiries and liaison with delivery partners, e.g. UPS, FedEx, TNT and Customs & Excise to ensure expedited clearance of consignments
- Liaise with Sales area if problems with shipment
- Work within legislative and carrier requirements, raising appropriate supporting documentation (eg Hazardous Goods Declarations) for consignment shipping and assume overall responsibility for same
- Stock keeping and Replenishment actions as required
- External collection/delivery of material
- General housekeeping and other duties as requested
Qualifications & Experience:
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT: ability to provide past 5 years’ unbroken work and/or education references. As we regularly send goods by air, it is a legal requirement for all our warehouse staff must have Known Consignor status, which can only be achieved by demonstrating 5 consecutive years’ of references.
- Experience of working in warehouses, depots or other logistics environments is desirable
- Willingness to undertake training relating to the safe transportation of dangerous goods and Known Consignor status.
- Full licence for Reach/Counterbalance and High Rise Narrow aisle order picker equipment is desirable, but not essential.
- Competent in numeracy and literacy to GCSE level or equivalent.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend