Project Engineer: Gasoline Engine Development - PTN169
Job no: 494908
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes.
Deliver engine innovation, development and validation testing to define and prove product attributes targets to support engine programme timing, cost and quality across Aston Martin Lagonda engine projects.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Deliver engine innovation, development and validation testing to define and prove product attributes targets to support engine programme timing, cost and quality across Aston Martin Lagonda engine projects.
- Plan and execute specific Performance and Economy, mechanical and durability testing. Define instrumentation and guide engine test technicians and engineers, have a thorough understanding of test measurement equipment (dyno control, emissions analyser, combustion analysis, fluid pressure and flow).
- Calibrate and interrogate Engine Management System to support test objectives and data acquisition. In-depth knowledge of Bosch Engine Management System desired.
- Inspect and report upon engine teardown components, identifying issues observed and measured.
- Deliver specific tasks for the Design Verification Plan. Write and issue technical reports against each completed test.
- Utilise engineering quality systems (FMEAs, Robustness Studies, etc.) and resource to identify, contain and resolve potential quality concerns. Maintain and evolve Aston Martin Lagonda test and development good practice processes.
- Track testing programme budgets and control spend throughout the project to ensure effective use of funds and complete the project within budget.
- Deliver specific tasks for the engine Design Verification Plan, ensuring to meet programme timing, Aston Martin-Mission milestones, design, procurement and engine builds.
- Support Development Reviews, Engine Teardown Events and Test Facility Review meetings.
- Support whole engine and engine sub-system Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis teams, and ensure test results are responded to the Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis owner.
- Use electronic Change Management Systems concerns process to report all issues encountered during build, test and inspection.
- Undertake concept studies and testing to support future product evaluation and demonstration.
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to Degree level or higher in an engineering discipline, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Ability to demonstrate technical expertise and competence in a range of engine test disciplines, and be able to take responsibility for successful delivery of designated elements of the engine Design Verification Plan.
- Previous delivery of key engine and systems test programmes.
- Prior demonstration of testing budget and timing management.
- Engine performance development experience.
- Engine mechanical development testing experience.
- Engine durability testing experience.
- Collective experience in engine product development testing.
- Experience in commodity product development process.
- Proficiency in Engine Management System tools (Bosch, INCA, Concerto,…).
- Strong people management; with peers, seniors, project and functional teams and externally.
- Astute project control; including resource planning, timing, milestones and meeting disciplines.
- Prescribe the testing budget and track the spend and ensure that it can be completed within the available budget and spend profile.
- Fluent presenter of technical information up to senior director level at Aston Martin Lagonda and in external partner and supplier companies.
- Ability to prioritise, delegate and deliver multiple tasks on a consistent basis.
- Must be flexible and identify the necessity for extraordinary application.
- Ability to communicate appropriately at all levels.
- Must be self-motivated and driven to achieve results.
- Aston Martin Lagonda office based with regular off site working and visits at testing supplier locations (UK and worldwide) and the engine manufacturing plant.
- UK/European driving licence.
- Salary Circa: £44,000.
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme, either a Mercedes or Ford.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend