Senior Design Engineer: PTN057
Job no: 494858
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes.
To provide CAD designs of future Aston Martin powertrains.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Create package schemes using NX and TCE to corporate requirements.
- Detail components to Aston Martin Lagonda drafting standards for release
- Support engineers with information for part procurement activities
- Support Programme and Powertrain Checkpoints, Design reviews, Package Meetings & Powertrain Programme Module Team meetings where required.
- Support/ Assist engineers in the resolution of Engineering Concerns including ensuring CAD information is available and transferred to the supplier in a timely manner. Advising relevant engineer or programme manager if data is likely to be late.
- Willingness to work with a challenging, multi-project environment.
- Excellent time management and self-discipline for on-time releases.
Qualifications and Experience
- An appropriate Engineering Degree or equivalent relevant qualification
- Undertake in-house and external training in relevant topics as required in line with Internship or education.
- Become competent with NX12 and Team Centre Engineering, to enable contribution to programmes ongoing within Aston Martin or their associates
- Experience of the Automotive Industry
- Basic knowledge of mechanical design for manufacture including castings, hoses, machining, moulding, and fabrication.
- Previous experience of automotive engineering trough Formulae student or automotive hobbies.
- Basic drafting and design standards would be beneficial
- Experience of transmission & Driveline system design
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good PC skills (MS Office including preparation of Power Point presentations)
- Current Driving licence & subject to satisfactory medical checks, willingness to support vehicle appraisals would be beneficial but not essential.
- A flexible attitude to the range of systems is required and the ability to support multiple programmes with demanding time constraints.
- An interest and knowledge of engine and supporting systems.
- Self-motivated and able to progress several designs in parallel.
- Willing to deliver good quality, complete CAD models to tight timescales
Rate: circa £26p/h
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend