Powertrain Application Engineer - PTN167
Job no: 494853
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes.
Technical lead able to deliver powertrain attributes through the Vehicle functions.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Technical point of contact with the Vehicle Program Team and Functions.
- Responsible to deliver the Powertrain integration in a vehicle.
- Manage the Powertrain installation in the vehicle, ensure the development and guarantee the respect of Powertrain targets in the vehicle (performances, weight, fuel economy, etc) ensuring the achievement of the vehicle attributes.
- Manage all the technical requests from Vehicle Team and Functions, and cascade it inside the Powertrain Team.
- Agree the solutions within the Powertrain functions ensuring the feasibility of the technical proposal.
- Proven knowledge of design and development of Base Engine, Transmission and Driveline, Powertrain Systems and Calibration.
- Experience gained within Program Management skills combined with the capacity to work in team and a strong leadership.
Experience and Qualifications
- MoS or PhD in Engineering or related field
- Experience gained within system engineer role
- Demonstrated experience to work in cross-functional teams and driving product development issues to a resolution
- Extensive experience gained within automotive engineering
- Knowledge of project life cycle management from early Research and Development to series production
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills, self-motivated, eager to take responsibility and deliver results with minimal supervision
- Understanding of Hybrid powertrains system functionalities and attributes at vehicle, system and component levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to organise multiple inputs into succinct summary and manageable discussions
- Highly Passionate with a competitive edge
- Highly organised person who is process driven and able to liaise with multiple individuals
- Salary circa: £42,000
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme, either a Mercedes or Ford.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend