Project Engineer: Powertrain Performance and Economy - PTN171
Job no: 494847
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes.
Performing Performance and Economy testing on the test bench, analyse data in an efficient and accurate mode, follow engine construction and instrumentation, prepare and publish test reports.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Carry out Performance and Economy testing on Powertrain test bench.
- Ensure Performance and Economy testing is carried out to highest standard.
- Analyse test data to expected level.
- Ensure repeatability and reliability of all data produced.
- Generate and distribute accordingly test reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Background of engine test cell operation and engine calibration (both performance and emissions calibrations).
- Detailed knowledge of thermodynamic processes and analysis.
- Functional knowledge of engine management system.
- Knowledge of hybrid powertrain architectures / testing.
- Experience in fuel consumption analysis.
- Experience with turbo-compressor systems.
- Knowledge of Matlab / INCA / Concerto.
- Experience with engine build and tear-down.
- Self-driven and self-motivated to achieve departmental scorecard targets.
- Capability of working in a matrix organisation environment.
- Manage different parallel open tasks and identify priorities.
- Able to produce reports for PT department .
- Confident and of proven ability with a desire to serve.
- Good communication skills.
- Quality driven and understanding of build.
- Able to maintain confidentially with sensitive company information.
- Salary circa: £44,000.
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme, either a Mercedes or Ford.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend