Lead Passive Safety Crash Sensing Engineer - SSD030
Job no: 494834
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes.
To deliver passive safety crash sensing commodities (e.g. Restraints controller, OCS and belt minder) as defined by cross car line product strategy.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Define and agree targets and validation plan for safety electronic content on programmes (e.g. Restraints controller, OCS & belt minder).
- Ensure delivery of safety electronics features/calibration and sensor hardware to targets, budget and timing constraints.
- Ensure safety electronic content meets internal functional safety requirements.
- Deliver safety electronic systems electrical integration.
- Drive engineering issues resolution to meet program targets and constraints.
- Liaise with and manage external partners/suppliers to deliver content.
- Liaise with project team, electrical team and other engineering functions to deliver safety electronics content.
- Conduct safety electronic related testing (including full vehicle, sub-system and component testing).
Qualifications and Experience
- Electrical/Electronic/Automotive Engineering qualification (such as a relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent) or suitable relevant experience.
- Experience gained within automotive electronic systems.
- Excellent attention to detail coupled with the ability to communicate clearly verbally or in writing.
- Ability to manage workload and plan ahead is essential. Excellent organisational skills.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team, with good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, and to seek assistance when needed.
- Knowledge of fundamental electrical/electronic engineering theory is essential.
- Good general IT skills and working knowledge of MS word/Excel etc.
- Experience of tools such as CANalyser, CANape, CANoe, vflash.
- Full UK driver’s license, with flexibility to travel in UK and overseas as required.
- Salary circa: £45,000.
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme, either a Mercedes or Ford.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend