Programme Coordinator - Site Strategy
Job no: 494722
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Human Resources
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Aston Martin’s Site Strategy team is a relatively new addition to our business, operating as an extension of our HR function, that takes on the task of working out the who, what, where and how as we continue our rapid expansion in 2018 and beyond - from devising office layouts and transportation to kitting out brand new facilities, the Site Strategy team play a vital part in our future growth. The main purpose of this Project Coordinator role is to support and deliver a large scale, multi-million-pound programme of work for the global Aston Martin Lagonda site strategy. Reporting to the Site Strategy Programme Lead, you will help to project manage the tactical site strategy for Aston Martin Lagonda. Weaving this into the master plan, you will help support its implementation, having worked with the Programme Lead to undertake a full and detailed review of the current sites utilisation and capability. You will assist in designing and delivering the internal project management system that will ensure success, including all requirements documents for internal delivery departments, such as Facilities, IT and external companies/stakeholders.
Main Responsibilities & Tasks
- Support a large-scale corporate project management and change implementation process:
- Setting the tailored project management process to deliver the site strategy.
- Setting out all targets that will help to define success; working closely with the finance and delivery directors to ensure a site strategy suitable for the future company growth.
- Gaining agreement to the plans and putting in place the tracking, monitoring and rectification administration (Gateways, steering committees, working groups etc).
- Managing and maintaining the project document management system.
- Deputising for the Director of Site Strategy at key stakeholder meetings.
- Conflict resolution and arbitration to set out one vision:
- Supporting the Director of Site Strategy and Programme Lead, to document an agreed Site Strategy Vision across the executive committee, managing conflicts to ensure a clear vision that is understood and fully supported.
- Document changes in working practices, policies and procedures in parallel, by coordinated working with other internal improvement projects.
- Ensure internal communications is planned and delivered alongside project progress, to manage and promote the positive impacts of agreed change and mitigate the negatives.
- Data capture, processing and presentation:
- To collate and analyse a broad range of data on the current facilities that Aston Martin own or lease, extracting trends and areas for potential improvements.
- To capture high level policy concepts and translate in to deliverable specification documents for a range of audiences.
- Assist in the writing and revision of a companywide site strategy document, aimed at maintaining understanding within the workforce.
- Writing briefing papers for the executive board on Site Strategy proposals and recommendations.
Qualifications & Experience:
We are expecting that, in order to deliver the above, you will be able to demonstrate the majority of the following skills & experience:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent, preferably in an Engineering / Technical subject.
- A professional project management qualification such as PRINCE2, MSP, PMP (or working towards) desirable.
- Previous experience of programme management methodology.
- Demonstrable experience of negotiation and conciliation of different views into a common approach.
- Executive report writing and presentation.
- Organisational change management planning & implementation.
- Management & delivery of multi-million pound, complex, multi-stakeholder projects.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal & written presentation skills.
- Logical approach to problem solving & presenting options.
- Self-confident and personable with the ability to work with all levels within an organisation.
- Full UK driving license to allow the ability to travel around all Aston Martin Lagonda sites and partner companies.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history. So if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family, apply today for consideration.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend