Controls Engineer - MAI022
Job no: 494721
Work type: Shift Work - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
- This position will be responsible for ensuring all new and existing projects adhere to Aston Martin Specifications.
- The successful candidate will liaise frequently with all manufacturing departments from the initial planning stages of a project to ensure the correct AML specifications are adhered to.
- This position will be responsible for the maintenance of all equipment and facility controls / software for AML.
- Oversee all major project/installations from a layout/technical perspective.
- This position will be responsible for the introduction of the five phases of Manufacturing and Equipment life cycle.
- The incumbent will be responsible for achieving high equipment reliability, minimum repair time, continuous improvement and new project development through the combined efforts of maintenance, facilities and external suppliers.
- This position will be responsible for an improvement of overall plant efficiency.
- This position will be responsible for reducing the “revisit” costs of all new installations.
- Develop, implement and maintain a World Class controls specification and ensure equipment and facilities meet / operate to R&M, TPM and Lean manufacturing principals and Specifications.
- This position will be responsible for reviewing any equipment modifications and sign them off before any modifications are actioned.
- This position will be responsible for decreasing the Lifetime cycle costs (LCC) of equipment.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Work closely with control engineers/maintenance department to continuously improve all areas of operations including cycle time, efficiency, reliability, cost and to all local & national environmental standards.
- Plan, Co-ordinate and recommend maintenance and operational improvements within area of responsibility.
- Monitor, control and maintain process parameters (where applicable), implement / initiate adjustments and corrections to ensure continuous production and quality levels, within area of responsibility.
- Continually improve existing equipment to fall in line with the most recent AML electrical spec (Where practical).
- Ensure that the department can support manufacturing operations at all times in terms of equipment and facility controls, application software, data recording and back-up processes.
- Ensure that all new equipment documentation/software is verified and then issued to the controls engineers/maintenance department.
- Support the departmental Control engineers/Group Leader / Manager in the daily planning / coaching and mentoring of departmental personnel.
- Ensure the department strives toward World-Class performance in areas of housekeeping, waste management, and compliance to safety and environmental legislation.
- Assist the Group Leader / Manager in meeting departmental budgets ensuring cost effective use of both company assets and resources, both natural and generated. E.g. with the effective use of building and facility management computer systems.
- Ensure controls and associated software are operating correctly to keep the company and their employees protected in accordance with current legislation.
- Ensure all back up software is placed on the maintenance server and a copy is in the safe.
- Ensure all maintenance back up procedures have been adhered to if any equipment changes have been made.
- Facilitate the removal of non-value added work within the team.
- Plan and action any “In-house” training that is required to ensue AML have the skill base that is required.
- Ensuring that where specialized software is required for specific equipment training “Rigs” are constructed and local training is carried out.
- Ensuring that the above-mentioned training “Rigs” have “Hot” spares that can be utilized in the case of a breakdown.
- Assist the team to work on problem resolution, root cause analysis and continuous improvement implementation.
- Jointly, with departmental members and manufacturing engineering, develop, implement and continuously improve, controls specifications.
- Produce a weekly report for the Maintenance manager regarding not only the positive but also the negative aspects of any new project progress.
- Maintain an effective level of communication at all times across all areas and levels of the business.
- Maintain a level of confidentiality with delicate or sensitive company information.
Qualifications and Experience
- Time served tradesman with a minimum of 10 years experience in controls related technology.
- Proven knowledge in the application and maintenance of process, manufacturing, application and facility related control systems and associated software systems.
- High working knowledge of Siemens S7 PLC’s and Inverter drives.
- Proven knowledge of field bus communication systems.
- Knowledge of Kawasaki robot programming.
- Robot AS language understanding essential.
- Understanding of low level switching bus systems i.e. ASI systems.
- Experience of Manufacturing tools and techniques or the willingness to undertake training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to influence others. Enthusiastic and determined, highly self motivated.
- Negotiable base salary in line with experience (Salary circa £36,000)
- Access to Mercedes and Ford car schemes.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double. matched contribution from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend