Engine Project Coordinator - PTN087
Job no: 494639
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes
Support and facilitate the engineering team to deliver an engine product through the development process into production. Facilitate and coordinate engine programme activities in support of a robust product delivery within budget and on time. Enforce accountability internally and with consultancy and supplier partners
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Change Management: Maintain and report out component tracking documents (Master Parts Tracker). Monitor Engineering Release Notice progression to manage planning and compromises, and resolve issues and timing concerns.
- Monitor and maintain the Bill of Materials for engine programmes across all systems (including Aston Martin GoldCrest and WERS) by regular reviews with engineers using appropriate tracking tools.
- Raise and report WERS Alert status of the engine programme to cross functional team.
- Provide Releasing assistance to ensure compliance to the latest processes and standards.
- Track Engineering Timing Release Schedule (ETRS) to ensure on-time delivery of Releases. Check and confirm the accuracy and content of Engine Releases prior to submission delivering “right first time” to our customers.
- Identify and ensure programme deadlines, release timing requirements and material required dates are communicated and tracked against all commodity groups.
- Report Release and BoM statuses to support weekly project reviews and monthly governance meetings.
- Facilitate and administrate FMA activities and FESO events within PD engines (including DFMEA, DVP, eCMS, 8D meetings and Checkpoint reviews).
- Support and/or coordinate prototype build procurement and events.
- Periodic procurement and shipping of parts to support engine build and test activity.
- Receipting prototype parts onto system to facilitate payments to suppliers.
- Procure production parts to support development build and test phases.
- Track programme attribute targets and collate status from CPMT groups.
- Monitor engine project plan (EPP) ensuring alignment to vehicle programme timing, AM-Mission milestones, design, procurement, engine builds and testing phases.
- Track and report upon project eCMS status
- Support engine project meetings as prescribed by the project leader.
- Represent PD Engines within PD forums and vehicle programmes where empowered and delegated.
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to HNC or higher in an engineering discipline, or equivalent relevant experience (see below).
- Demonstrate knowledge of product development processes
- Previous programme co-ordination experience.
- Powertrain system or component design and/or development experience.
- Working as part of an engineering product development team, in a structured process.
- Technical knowledge of engine design, development, simulation and validation testing.
- Previous experience of automotive design environment .
- Prepare and present programme information for review at project and senior level.
- Present technical information to peers and management.
- Gather information from meetings, collate and report back to the programme team.
- Knowledge of programme gateway processes.
- Proficient in office software (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project).
- Must be able to prioritise, delegate and deliver multiple tasks on a consistent basis
- Must be flexible and identify the necessity for extraordinary application.
- Must be able to communicate appropriately at all levels.
- Must be able to identify threats to the programme and negotiate resolution actions
- Must be self-motivated and driven to achieve results.
- Mainly AML office based with engineering support for prototype workshop and production line as required.
- Regular visits to suppliers facilities / testing locations (UK and worldwide) or the engine manufacturing plant.
- Salary circa: £25,000
- Discount on our Ford lease scheme
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- A holiday bonus of £500 is paid annually in June (pro-rated dependent on length of service)
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend