Program Cost Estimator TNE022
Job no: 494633
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Programme Estimation is a new and exciting position within Aston Martin Lagonda with a wide range of roles and responsibilities, engaging all areas of the business from Design, R&D, Finance, Planning and Purchasing. Programme Estimators work predominantly in the early phases of a programme as the vehicle and/or platform is developed from a business case concept through to an established and focused programme. They work closely with the Core Estimation Team, Programme Teams, Planning & Strategy and R&D Engineers to ensure a PCE validated piece cost and investment overview is available at key points in the development of PMT Targets and Commodity Strategies.
Responsible for developing and delivering cost estimation activities across multiple programmes from concept to sourcing for all future vehicles within Aston Martin and Lagonda. Managing all piece cost and tooling estimation required to build a ‘content vs cost’ overview of vehicle attributes to support the development of programme cost targets. Establish and maintain a key contact point for stakeholders to provide at elbow cost support throughout programme gateways and checkpoints via a business wide set of deliverables.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Collaborate with Engineers and the Core Estimation team to interpret high level R&D concepts
- Engage with key stakeholders and be the voice of Cost Estimation in a variety of business environments
- Conduct Benchmark Estimation activity in-line with Product Attributes and Product Definition documentation
- Facilitate the creation of Virtual Vehicles through a CPSC based structure
- Produce Piece Cost and Tooling estimates using the AML Cost Estimating System
- Collate and analyse Virtual Vehicle piece and tooling estimates to summarise and present at Director level
- Co-ordinate and support the Core Estimation team to ensure effective time management and workload efficiency
- Manage delivery of PCE’s Deliverables in AML Mission for Programme Gateways
- Provide and Co-ordinate PCE Support at Commodity Strategy meetings and Sourcing Councils
Qualifications and Experience
- Technical education to degree level or equivalent
- Established knowledge and experience of Product Cost Estimation
- Experience of project management and the ability to influence engineers and management in order to progress plans and activities
- Able to apply problem solving techniques to improve process capability, repeatability and reliability both internally and externally
- Able to make presentations at Director level
- High degree of numeracy and knowledge of statistical techniques is also an advantage
- Excellent MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook skills
- Due to the nature of the role, flexibility on working hours required to ensure completion of activities
- Positive and proactive approach, with ability to work well in a team to engage others in problem solving
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team in a dynamic and changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential
- Negotiable base salary in line with experience (Salary circa £44,000pa)
- Access to Mercedes and Ford car schemes.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double. matched contribution from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend