TDC Coordinator - PLA008
Job no: 494617
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The role exists to assist with identifying and implementing engineering and commercial cost reduction opportunities on all Aston Martin Products. It is a diverse role and would suit a candidate with a desire to broaden their knowledge of a variety of commodities as well as develop their commercial skills. The aim is to coordinate activities that will help achieve the yearly Total Delivered Cost target.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Project management of multiple engineering initiatives, with the specific aim of reducing the cost of the bought out component/assembly.
- Assist with communication of Total Delivered Cost initiatives to the wider business
- Coordinate Total Delivered Cost ideas from creation to implementation
- Evaluate all ideas entered into the Total Delivered Cost IT system
- Collation of information from Total Delivered Cost champions, and assist with the creation of business cases and presentations for all potential cost saving solutions.
- Escalate any issues to Manager Level as soon as possible to ensure rapid resolution and progression.
- The organisation of product convention events across the business
- Develop, manage and present detailed timing plans to agreed deadlines.
- Maintain effective internal & external communication with other departments & suppliers
- Represent the department at periodic presentations to Directors, Chief Engineers and senior managers.
- Opportunities to run a TDC project.
Qualifications & Experience:
- The successful candidate must have great interpersonal skills, be a team player and be able to work closely with a small team.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to transfer knowledge and experience to a new challenge is essential.
- Confident communicator with the ability to present at senior levels of the organisation.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to motivate others to achieve personal objectives
- Passionate about continuous improvement, especially in the context of cost reduction and personal development.
- The role requires someone with project management and some commercial experience, ideally with some negotiating experience.
- General knowledge of vehicle/component design and manufacture
- Experience of cost reduction initiatives, tools and techniques desirable.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office
- Salary circa £36,000
- Access to Mercedes and Ford car schemes.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double. matched contribution from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend