Project Engineer: Connected Car - ETL015
Job no: 493571
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes
Responsible for developing commodity strategy plans for connected car systems. Working with supplier partners to deliver innovation and series projects. To create new design archetypes (modules) and deliver vehicle projects.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Development of Smartphone Apps, Connected Car Systems, Emergency Call, Stolen.
- Vehicle Tracking.
- Engineer parts to cost, time and weight targets.
- Development and Delivery of Over the Air S/W Updates.
- Telemetry Applications.
- On Vehicle testing and integration.
- Bug Tracking and management.
- Create and manage Design Validation plan for Connected Car Systems.
- Carry out required testing.
- Document test activities and writing of test reports.
- Ensure that all concerns are robustly resolved & provide technical support.
- Manage the Engineering Sign off Process in line with vehicle project plan.
- Create engineering guide line documentation for best practice engineering.
- Support Engineering Standards creation.
- Work with Programme to agreed targets.
- Work with Legislation and Compliance team to ensure all current Type Approvals are met.
- and plan for forward change to any regulations.
- Requirements and Specification documentation preparation.
- Working closely with suppliers as required, specifically on quality and committed timing.
- plans to ensure on time delivery.
- Deliver the programme quality, cost, weight, function and timing requirements.
- Ensure that the commodity meets the function plan (with the component suppliers), creating & managing recovery plans as required. Includes releasing platform components (BoM, tooling launch).
- S/W management of release to vehicle build schedule.
- BUG management and Tracking.
Qualifications and experience
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Preferably Chartered Engineering status or equivalent
- Proven record of delivering Electrical or Electronics commodities, including quality, cost, function, weight and timing. Experience of vehicle level system integration in terms of hardware and Software. Experience of software development processes and involvement in sw delivery cycle through maturity levels.
- Experience of delivering to production: Connected Car systems, including modem / telematics control unit, E-call, Glonass; mobile data provision and Stolen Vehicle Tracking, experience of working closely with Thatcham Research on SVT programmes and sign off is an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. releasing, concerns, containments, gateways and sign off documentation.
- Supplier management experience.
- Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion
- Excellent automotive technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of using calculation and analysis to drive design.
- Knowledge of automotive quality tools and processes. (e.g. DFMEA)
- Knowledge of the manufacturing processes to create the components or systems.
- Salary circa: £45,000
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme, either a Mercedes or Ford.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend