Senior CAD Engineer-Heritage Vehicles WSI832
Job no: 493464
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Location: Milton Keynes
Categories: Special Projects
The job holder will work, with the minimum of supervision, on the realisation of component design & package on all aspects of the Powertrain, Chassis and Electrical systems for continuation heritage vehicles. Components will be widely varied include powertrain castings, electrical fittings (inc lamps), suspension components and sheet metal components. The role is a contract position paying a circa of £30.00 per hour.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Reverse engineering (using original drawings and physical components), CAD design and modelling of Heritage powertrain components
- Preparation of detailed drawings to AML drafting standards
- Preparation of engineering release packs
- Liaise with suppliers regarding component manufacturing
- Work under the direction of the lead engineer on a day to day basis
- Assistance in investigation of build issues in prototype and on line to establish root cause and design changes required.
- Competent use of NX5 and Team centre – including part integration and packaging.
- Use of the digital buck to ensure component packaging is compatible
- The successful candidate will be able take an original component or drawing to a finished CAD model and produce finished drawings for engineering release. Some preparation of basic paperwork for engineering release may also be required.
Qualification & Experience:
- A knowledge or hands on experience of heritage vehicles (not specifically AM).
- Wide ranging general automotive knowledge is useful.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering related discipline.
- Skilled in automotive component design using NX5. Knowledge of TCe and CATIA V5 is beneficial.
- Knowledge of design of metal castings, sheet metal fabrication and basic pressings.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend