Dealer Contracts & Performance Manager
Job no: 493439
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Milton Keynes
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Director, Global Network and Sales Strategy, this role has both central and regional responsibilities with the primary focus of ensuring that the global dealer network and all regional offices manage commercial relationships and contracts to deliver full due diligence and reduce potential commercial risk.
Ensuring that all regions have the consistency of process, compliance and corporate governance minimising risk for AML, including the management of central data storage whilst ensuring full security.
Overall responsibility for the management and corporate governance of the contractual relationships between Aston Martin and the dealer network, in regular dialogue with the Regional Presidents and Regional Network Development Managers, and acting as the Commercial interface with the internal Legal Department.
Overall responsibility for the profitability of the Dealer Network, and managing the Global Financial Composite Programme as a means to plan, measure and report this. Implementing performance improvement programmes and training for dealers who fall short of AML’s benchmark KPIs.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Manage the content, issue and maintenance of all global dealer agreements for Sales, Aftersales, Service, Authorised Repairer and Heritage Parts to ensure robust corporate governance.
- Ensure strict adherence to regional Network Development dealer appointments and contract renewal processes ensuring full due diligence throughout.
- Negotiate contractual terms with new and existing dealer partners on behalf of AML.
- Working with the Regional Presidents, managing the process for correspondence with the Dealers on any issues of non-compliance.
- Liaise with legal department / local counsel on an entry into new markets to ensure correct contractual arrangements are made, including competition law, homologation, taxes, product liability etc.
- Global responsibility for the Financial Composite Programme, including definition, implementation, measurement and reporting.
- Global responsibility for the profitability of the dealer network including measures and regular reporting, with defined action, plans to improve under-performing dealers.
- Implement and manage a process for the handling the regional feedback of the Composite Programme for presentation to VPs on a regular basis.
- Report to Directors / Board members on a regular basis on the progress with Dealer Appointments, Contracts etc to ensure achievement of the wider company objectives on representation.
- Business degree or equivalent experience
- Financial qualifications or strong financial experience is essential
- At least 5 years’ experience managing at a senior level within the automotive sector (Network Development / commercial experience roles) ideally in the luxury segment
- A thorough understanding of Automotive Retail operations
- A strong track record of building productive partnerships
- Strong conceptual skills and strategic focus and be able to demonstrate a process driven approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills; confident and outgoing, able to interact credibly and develop relationships with Director/VP AML personnel as well as senior dealership staff & business partners
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Good presentation and communication skills with an eye for detail
- Highly self-motivated, reliable, positive and enthusiastic, and flexible and adaptable in approach
- Must portray an image to both dealers and customers commensurate with the Aston Martin brand
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Fully conversant with Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to use IT to a high level of competency
- Salary, circa £55,000
- One management lease vehicle (Ford) and access to another vehicle via the Mercedes scheme.
- Up to 5% bonus potential.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend