Senior Engineer - Interior Trim (Heritage) - WSI832
Job no: 493413
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Location: Milton Keynes
Categories: Special Projects
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
An exciting opportunity exists to work on a Heritage programme within Aston Martin Lagonda. The job holder will work in the Body Engineering team on the realisation of component design & package on all aspects of the Body Structure and Body Exterior in order to produce finished detailed CAD designs and drawings.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Liaise with AML Design to provide engineering feedback throughout the surface development phase
- Work with AML Design, Engineering and supplier partners to agree key body sections
- Complete CAD design and modelling of Body Structure and Body Exterior components
- Manage the CAD models in the appropriate structure within Team centre
- Prepare detailed drawings to AML drafting standards
- Support preparation of Engineering Release packs
- Work under the direction of the Body Project Engineers on a day to day basis
- Use Vis Mockup to review and present design concepts
- Investigate build issues during prototype and production phases to establish root cause, and release design changes where necessary
- The successful candidate will be able take the CAD design from concept to finished CAD model and produce drawings for engineering release.
Qualification & Experience:
- Automotive or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Extensive experience within the automotive industry, preferably with experience across a broad range of roles or commodities
- Experience in component design and development
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Skilled in automotive component design using I-DEAS or NX5. Knowledge of TCe and CATIA V5 is beneficial.
- Previous experience of Teamcenter
- Knowledge of Body in White and Closures, Glazing and Seals
- A working knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirements & lead times
Rate: Circa £27 per hour
How to apply:
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend