Project Engineer: CAD Interior Trim - Cockpit - IEM041
Job no: 493400
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes
To design and develop Interior Trim for future programmes.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- CAD design and modelling of all new components.
- Creation of construction sections to support design reviews
- Creation of detailed drawings to AML drafting standards.
- Organisation of CAD in Teamcentre ensuring all model attributes are completed.
- Some preparation of engineering release packs.
- Work under the direction of Lead Engineer/PMST Leader on day-day basis in the development of robust designs to meet performance targets.
- Support Virtual Series events through to FDJ.
- Investigation of build issues to establish root cause.
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering degree or equivalent is desirable.
- CATIA V5 or Siemens NX trained.
- Experience in the design of interior trim components is essential.
- Knowledge of leather trimming and mechanism systems is an advantage.
- A working knowledge of component manufacturing and tooling requirements.
- Extensive 3D CAD modelling experience.
- Microsoft Outlook and PowerPoint proficient.
- Self-starting and self-motivated.
- Ability to work to under pressure to agreed deadlines.
Rate: circa £28p/h
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend