Design Programme Leader - DES413
Job no: 493329
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Location: Milton Keynes
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To work in close cooperation with the Senior Programme Manager to lead and deliver robust definition, planning and delivery of vehicle programmes on the AMR line.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Coordination of Programme Gateways, tracking status of deliverables and collating Gateway evidence packs for advance distribution.
- Monitor and progress resolution of actions from the PST meeting.
- Manage the creation of programme SEL and PDL documents as directed by the Senior Programme Manager and ensure product definition documents (PMXU) are up to date.
- Manage the collation and reporting to the Senior Programme Manager of the SEL and PDL responses.
- Work with PMT areas and the Programme Coordinator to develop commodity plans that deliver releases at the appropriate Data Judgement (DJ) point and correct pedigree parts for vehicle builds.
- Identify and plan release points outside of DJ events and create an appropriate Engineering Timing Release Schedule (ETRS).
- Monitor commodity plans and act on deviations to establish and recommend appropriate recovery actions.
- Assist in target setting/balancing and management of cost, quality timing and function.
- Lead BOM to CAD alignment exercise and Virtual Series events as primary point of contact for Programme.
- Identify the required information to define the overall programme timing plan, integrating commodity plans, launch plans and build points and support the Programme coordinator to collate a robust level of information.
- Support programme cost reviews, redbook deep dives, cost down / cost saving activities.
- Manage concern resolution including administration of Aston Martins change management system (regular reviews), concern metrics and reporting. Review with the Senior Programme Manager and escalate as appropriate.
- Support PMT / PMST meetings as required acting as the voice of the Programme.
- Work with the relevant departments to plan and execute prototype builds including number of vehicles, specification, BOM, and prototype commodity plans to ensure builds are fit for purpose.
- Lead minor model programmes including financial and delivery responsibility.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Automotive or Mechanical Engineering Degree or extensive relevant experience.
- Whole vehicle or complex system programme coordination / management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of product development / creation systems.
- Experience in component design, development and sign off.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office tools particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- Confident and authoritative presentation skills.
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. You have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment - fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic.
Please click on the 'apply online' button to submit your application.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend