Project Engineer - Circuits ETL073
Job no: 493179
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes
To design & develop new and existing vehicle circuit requirements
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ownership of Circuit Design, ensuring that circuit deliverables are passed to the EDS (Electrical Distribution System) supplier and support the EDS release timing.
- Ensure that all Programme Module Sub Team leaders provide the required data to support the circuit sign off process via the generation of a new device transmittal document.
- Component sealing data.
- Terminal plating specification.
- Current (Amps) characteristics of all system components.
- Special component requirements.
- Wiring information.
- Pin out information.
- Circuit sign off at each build phase.
- Generate the circuit sign off metrics and present the status to the EDS Manager and Program Teams at key EDS delivery checkpoints.
- Ensure that circuit releases meet the service deliverable timings, so ensuring circuits are available to support vehicle launches.
- Generate circuit data in Capital Logic.
- Lead the circuit design to provide seamless transfer of data from the circuit design tool through to the EDS supplier via DSI export.
- Generate the library of parts in Capital logic.
- Legacy parts.
- Connector information.
- CPSC structure in line with Teamcenter.
- New drawing border to suit A4 documentation and greater granularity of drawings.
- New style set to optimise for A4 sizing.
- Support sub-system Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis reviews and give guidance of circuit simulation techniques.
- Control of circuit design and review process to ensure optimised, robust, right-first-time circuit release.
- Support vehicle builds and provide problem solving (‘8D’ process).
- Ability to think outside the box and generate new and better techniques of circuit generation through the dealers.
- Ensure latest features and technology are kept up to date, for circuit evaluation tools.
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering Degree or Equivalent Qualification.
- Extensive experience in automotive electrical design and development.
- Extensive knowledge of vehicle circuitry.
- A good understanding of wiring systems.
- Good experience and knowledge of vehicle electrical systems.
- Experience of project management. (desirable)
- Project managed new or modified circuits successfully into production.
- Working knowledge of Relevant Regulations and approvals. (desirable)
- Ability to use Capital Logic circuit design tool.
- Ability to support and input at Failure Modes and Effects Analysis reviews. (desirable)
- Ability to support prototype builds. (desirable)
- Experience of leadership or clear evidence of leadership ability. (desirable)
- Manage a large workload in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to analyse test data from supplier testing and work to timely solutions when required.
- Must have good report writing skills.
- Must be proactive and trust their initiative using minimum supervision to produce practical solutions.
- Must have a full valid driving license.
- Salary circa: £45,000
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme, either a Mercedes or Ford.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend