Concept & Innovation Project Engineer - CON037
Job no: 493108
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Aid the delivery of Concept programme deliverables across all AML platforms. Aid the delivery of Innovation projects for consideration on future AML vehicles.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Support engineering commodity development to help generate appropriate commodity content for concept vehicles as part of platform definition.
- Conduct platform commonality studies to aid platform definition.
- Work with core engineering, purchasing and finance teams to manage and deliver innovation projects.
- Work with programme and vehicle engineering teams to report out concept team gateway deliverables.
- Liaise with programme and finance teams to manage platform and concept budget spend.
- Support concept and programme meetings as required acting as the voice of the Concept Engineering team.
- Assist with management reviews and programme gateways as required.
- Attend and present in Technical Forums, programme gateways, and other reviews as required.
- Liaise with rest of concept team in co-ordination of vehicle architecture and commonality to assist Concept Vehicle Engineering Manager.
- Act as stand-in for the Concept Engineering Manager when required.
The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Automotive or Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Whole vehicle or complex system programme coordination / management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of all vehicle commodities.
- Experience in component design, development and sign off.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office tools particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Confident and authoritative presentation skills.
- Should be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Passionate about the product promoting pride throughout the programme.
- Able to build up good working relationships across a wide area of the business.
- Paying a Circa of £35,000 pa
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme, either a Mercedes or Ford.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend