Senior Buyer - PUR225
Job no: 492957
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To procure a range of commodities in accordance with the Purchasing and business procedures with a strong focus on commercial acumen and account management skills to deliver departmental objectives specific to quality, cost and delivery. Provide support for Purchasing Manager, deputising in their absence and covering all aspects of Purchasing and Man-Management skills and duties.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Supervise and support buyers in their day to day activity and delivery of objectives.
- Take lead role and ownership for key strategic/critical suppliers in the team
- Provide support to other team members and new starters in relation to systems, processes and procedures.
- Deputise for the team Purchasing Manager, to include the day to day running of the Purchasing team.
- Represent the section at cross functional meetings.
- Drive and manage TVM meetings and new model program activities.
- Coordinate and manage supplier performance with Quality and MP&L functions ensuring performance targets are met.
- Procurement and negotiation responsibility for individual objectives.
- Working with a cross functional team to establish and set programme financial targets.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally the successful candidate will be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, and or a full member of CIPS, or at least working towards it.
- Extensive Purchasing experience ideally within a manufacturing environment is required; however, of greater importance is the individual’s aptitude and commitment to rapidly assimilate the needs of the role and to be quickly performing in the role, to a high standard.
- The individual should hold a full driving licence, passport and be prepared to travel where their specific work responsibilities require it.
- A competent understanding of the Microsoft suite of office tools would be advantageous.
- Negotiable base salary in line with experience (from £41,000)
- Access to Mercedes and Ford car schemes.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double. matched contribution from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend