STA 8 - Supplier Development Engineer - STA008
Job no: 492927
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Various (West Midlands / South Wales)
At Aston Martin, our engineers have a wide range of roles and responsibilities, engaging all areas of the business, from Design, Purchasing, Product Development, Launch Teams, Manufacturing, After Sales, Dealerships and our supply Base. Worldwide travel, constant interaction with people and the drive to make the highest quality sports cars in the world requires flexible engineers with good communication and team work skills and a thirst for problem solving.
The STA Engineer acts as the primary client representative at a supplier's manufacturing site and is responsible for an allocated set of supplier manufacturing locations. Constant interaction with people from MD to shop floor and the drive to ensure we make the highest quality vehicles in the world, requires flexible engineers with good communication and team work skills, allied to a thirst for problem solving.
The engineer's activities are focused on product and process performance at external suppliers, supporting both new programmes and current series production. The engineer will provide the link to the supplier and interact closely with Programme Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality and Purchasing organisations.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Manage the delivery of off tool, off process 100% accurate parts and final part approval for responsible commodities through Aston Martin Part Approval Process (AMPAP)
- Use of automotive engineering tools (i.e. DFMEA, PFMEA, PPAP, APQP, 8D)
- Review supplier site self-assessments and/or conduct Manufacturing Site Assessments
- Visit sites as required to drive open issues and supplier improvement plans to resolution using appropriate problem-solving tools
- Develop work plan to reduce PPM
- Schedule and conduct reviews with supplier management as required
- Conduct capacity verification process and verify production trial run
- Drive capability (Ppk & Cpk) LRR, Launch Readiness Review process (High impact suppliers)
- Ensure supplier completion of flawless launch initiatives
- Support management/supplier meetings as required
- Provide supplier on-site assistance as required
- Analyse capacity, capability & drive improvement
- Support Fresh Eyes reviews as required 8-D / Concern Resolution
- Support Conformity of Production (CoP) audit at selected suppliers (when applicable) Field Action/Stop Shipment (FASS)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work in multi-functional teams including suppliers, to exact deadlines and often under pressure.
- Working knowledge of problem solving tools and techniques.
- New part Introduction, Project Management, problem solving/resolution tools and techniques all within an automotive environment with OEM or tier1.
- Conversant with the suite of Microsoft Office software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- HND or degree (preferred), in a relevant discipline (engineering / manufacturing based).
- Lean Manufacturing experience to include VSM, Visual Management/Control, 5S SMED and Standard
- High degree of numeracy and knowledge of statistical techniques is an advantage.
- Knowledge of automotive systems
- Supplier development / supplier quality experience within the automotive sector (STA preferred), preferably OEM or first tier.
- Negotiable base salary in line with experience (Salary circa £40,000)
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme, either a Mercedes or Ford.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Family Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend