Project Engineer: Application ADAS Active Safety - SSD173
Job no: 492836
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To lead the ADAS Active Safety applications across our programmes (AM508, AM608 and AM708)
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Main point of contact for ADAS commodities on all sports car application programmes.
- Support the definition of the platform strategy for ADAS features across the sports car range.
- Define vehicle level attributes to meet legal, marketing and program requirements.
- Lead the suppliers and cross functional teams to deliver all ADAS systems across the sports car range meeting program targets and platform strategy.
- Design release the hardware and software.
- Report and manage commodity costs, timing and change management.
- Lead Functional Safety and DFMEA activities
- Lead technical engineering issue resolution in line with programme targets and constraints
- Lead system sign off including vehicle testing
- Report status of ADAS systems development progression at appropriate business gateways
Qualifications and Experience
- Good Electrical/Automotive Engineering degree (or equivalent) minimum 2.1. Suitable relevant experience could be considered in lieu of qualification(s).
- Solid knowledge of automotive product creation systems.
- Extensive experience in commodity/attribute ownership within automotive industry.
- Extensive experience in electrical systems development.
- Proven track record of achievement in development and delivery of Active Safety Systems.
- Excellent attention to detail couple with the ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
- Programme management experience (planning, financial and status reporting responsibility).
- Experience with Functional Safety requirements and DFMEA.
- Intuitive knowledge of fundamental systems engineering theory.
- Excellent IT skills and working knowledge of MS word/Excel etc
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Experience with tools like Vector, CANalyser, CANoe, CANape, vflash or equivalent.
- Experience with in vehicle diagnostic tools.
- Self-starting and self-motivated
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to learn quickly and integrate into a successful and dynamic team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to influence
- UK Drivers Licence and flexibility to travel in UK and overseas
How to Apply:
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. You have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment - fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend