Senior Package Integration Engineer - QAO106
Job no: 492823
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Location: Milton Keynes
Categories: Special Projects
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Construct Vehicle Package Layout CAD Geometry.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Create reference geometric package supporting Project Engineer, to meet PALs targets laid down by Vehicle Programme team.
- Create Layout in both 2D and 3D CAD.
- Negotiate component location with PMT and PMST reps to achieve efficient package safeguarding customer space targets and protecting legal and functional geometric requirements.
- Create engineering design and drawings to enable build and modification of physical package bucks.
- Project manage creation and modifications to package bucks.
- Run package meetings and provide package schemes to resolve cross functional issues.
- Raise and lead resolution of package related concerns.
- Support Virtual Series activity by ensuring delivery of CAD from PMTs to required maturity and conducting package target compliance analysis.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Engineering (or equivalent)
- Experience in whole vehicle package.
- Knowledge of legal requirements.
- Worked in a cross functional role in Automotive.
- Working knowledge of vehicle attributes would be an advantage.
- Ability to use Vis Mock-up to an advanced level, NX and Team Centre. MS Tools: Project, Excel, PowerPoint and word.
- Must demonstrate a passion for sports cars.
- Must be a clear communicator, with good organisation skills. Must be able to negotiate and arbitrate between PMT's and PAT's to achieve the best geometric solutions for the product.
- Driving Licence - May be required to support benchmarking activities, so will need to attain AML level 3 permit.
Rate circa: £27 per hour
How to apply:
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend