Senior CAD Engineer - QAO108
Job no: 492813
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Location: Milton Keynes
Categories: Research and Development, Special Projects
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Working with the minimal supervision, this role will involve the realisation of component design & package on all aspects of the Body Structure (BIW and Closures) in order to produce finished detailed CAD designs and drawings.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- CAD design and modelling of Body Structures components
- Preparation of detailed drawings to AML drafting standards
- Some preparation of engineering release packs
- Work under the direction of project engineer or PMST leader on a day to day basis
- Investigation of build issues in prototype and on line to establish root cause and design changes required.
- Design of components using NX5 (conversion training available).
- Use Digibuck to review and present design concepts
- The successful candidate will be able take the CAD design from concept to finished CAD model and produce finished drawings for engineering release. Some preparation of basic paperwork for engineering release may also be required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering related discipline.
- Skilled in automotive component design using I-DEAS or NX5. Knowledge of TCe and CATIA V5 is desirable.
- Knowledge of Body in White and Closures: metal castings, extrusions, pressings/forming, RTM, SMC & C/F panels.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A working knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirements & lead times
Rate circa: £27 per hour
How to apply:
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend