Senior CAD Engineer - QAO108
Job no: 492813
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Location: Wellesbourne, Milton Keynes
Categories: Research and Development, Special Projects
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Lead the design and development of powertrain systems with the support of the powertrain lead. This will involve working with minimum supervision to complete Engineering projects in all aspects of the powertrain during the delivery of QAO Programmes. The role is paying up to £28.00 per hour depending on experience.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Lead engineering activity and support the powertrain team to develop concepts and future model content.
- Monitor and progress resolution of actions from the weekly meetings.
- Provide engineering feasibility and costing support to the Programme team.
- Create test plans, interpret results and support Engineering Sign-Off for powertrain systems.
- Lead the development of new and existing powertrain component and system suppliers to ensure they meet cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Work with the Programme team to ensure projects are delivered to cost, quality and time targets.
- Release the powertrain components and systems for manufacture to cover prototype and production builds.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Automotive or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Extensive experience within the automotive industry, specifically within the powertrain commodities.
- Experience in component design, development and sign off.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good ability to clearly present information to all levels in the organisation.
- Ability to build up good working relationships across a wide area of the business
- Extensive experience of project coordination.
- Driving licence, medical clearance to drive company vehicles.
- Intelligent, motivated and ambitious.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi task and prioritise workload.
- Confident and authoritative presentation skills.
- The ideal candidate will be an organised and positive self-starter who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline.
How to apply:
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend