Senior Engineer Calibration - QAO110
Job no: 492809
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Location: Milton Keynes
Categories: Research and Development, Special Projects
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes
This role exists to enable the production of in house calibration for our future engine families. To develop calibrations for the Powertrain on test beds and in vehicle. To manage the calibration test programmes and the numerous suppliers required achieving delivery of a fully certified vehicle calibration system meeting the programme objectives. To assess and feedback issues to the Powertrain calibration team to enable the calibration to meet European and US certification standards.
Key Responsibilities and Task
- Lead calibration activity on defined projects, assimilate and distribute knowledge within the team reporting to the Powertrain Calibration manager.
- Responsibility for base engine calibration deliverables managing outsource test bed facilities.
- Be first point of contact for key Calibration outsource contracts
- Be part of a project team to create and develop the various aspects of calibration for all Aston Martin Vehicles
- Manage and support external facilities and suppliers to achieve Calibration team goals
- Represent the company externally at a senior level with regard to calibration activities and supplier visits
- Report progress vs plans at Director level within Aston Martin Lagonda
- Prepare project-timing plans for the Powertrain and programme teams to support model year actions and major design changes.
- Prepare reports of all findings from Test bed, Vehicle testing and environmental testing of the vehicle, and present these to all levels up to director technical meetings
- Initiate and prepare modifications to the calibration on future model year actions
- Guide, direct and train to develop other team members
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience within automotive vehicle manufacturer, preferably with a broad range of experience, particularly within all aspects of vehicle calibration and EMS.
- Experience of managing and running Calibration engine test bed
- Recent direct experience of application of new technologies to internal combustion engines
- Full driving licence
- Happy to work in hot and cold climates
- Prepared to support overseas suppliers on a regular basis according to business need
How to apply
Rate circa: £27p/h
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend