Project Engineer: Stability Control Systems - CHS033
Job no: 492792
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Various (West Midlands / South Wales)
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes
Lead the Design, Release, and Sign Off of all SCS systems
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Lead the design, release and sign off of SCS (Slip Control Systems), ABS Modulators, Boosters and Pedal Box Design incl. Brake, Accelerator and Throttle Pedal. Other components may be added to this list if work load permits.
- Control design activities for CAD Designers.
- Lead Brake Actuation and Pedals PMST meetings and ensure good quality minutes are generated swiftly.
- Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends.
- Work with Suppliers to design and develop components & systems to meet all specified requirements such as weight, cost, durability, and performance targets.
- Analyse the suitability of ‘parts bin’ components.
- Manage Suppliers to ensure parts are delivered on time to the required quality standard
- Work closely with Manufacturing and Launch to enable swift and accurate fitment of components to vehicles.
- Work with Vehicle Dynamics to meet attribute targets and achieve freeze dates.
- Lead the Design Verification and Sign Off reporting. Create system level DVPs.
- Support vehicle tests with components where required.
- Lead DFMEAs, Quality history reviews, Robustness studies etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering Degree in appropriate discipline
- Extensive experience gained within an automotive or automotive components supplier group
- Excellent design and engineering knowledge of Brake Actuation: SCS (Slip Control Systems), ABS Modulators, Booster and Pedals (incl. Pedal Box design)
- Component Engineering Experience
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications
- Can work efficiently with minimum supervision
- Prepared to manage Suppliers both in UK and abroad
- Rig test environment experience
- Proven problem solving abilities
- Proficient in Engineering Drawing Standards
- Strong time management, accuracy, diligence, ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs
- Strong Interest in Chassis Dynamics
- Some experience of NX CAD system would be useful but not essential
- Salary circa: £45,000
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme, either a Mercedes or Ford.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend