Project Engineer - Controls - PTN121
Job no: 492595
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes.
This role exists to enable the production of in house control solutions for our future powertrain families. To develop solutions for both control modules and software for the Powertrain on test beds and in vehicle. To manage and develop test programmes to prove. To take ownership of powertrain modules and to support technical experts in delivering software algorithms to meet legal, safety and drivability requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Lead, develop and test algorithms to support hardware and software deliverables.
- Technical project lead for new control functions.
- Support Controls Expert to deliver Calibration team goals.
- Lead module development and support integration of powertrain controllers including Hybrid and Electric vehicle.
- Be part of a project team to create and develop the various aspects of calibration and control for all Aston Martin Vehicles.
- Manage and support external and suppliers to achieve team goals.
- Represent the company externally at a senior level with regard to calibration activities and supplier visits.
- Report progress vs plans at a Senior level within Aston Martin Lagonda.
- Prepare project-timing plans for the Powertrain and programme teams to support model year actions and major design changes.
- Prepare reports of all findings, and present these to all levels up to director technical meetings as required.
- Initiate and prepare modifications to the calibration on future model year actions.
- Guide, direct and train to develop other team members.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent relevant experience.
- Significant experience of MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow for control system design and validation.
- Experience of development with ETAS E Hooks tools.
- Support hardware control specification.
- Extensive experience gained within automotive vehicle manufacturer, experience of emissions calibration of gasoline engines would be of benefit.
- Experience of Hybrid and Electric vehicle architectures.
- Recent direct experience of application of new technologies.
- Full driving license.
- Ability to work in hot and cold climates on occasion.
- Prepared to support overseas suppliers on a regular basis.
- Salary: £45,000 circa.
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme, either a Mercedes or Ford.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend