Electrical Application Engineer - ETL075
Job no: 492456
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes
Deliver Electrical and Electronics application commodities and represent platform commodities in the programme team
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Define the Electrical & Electronics Function’s change content in response to the Strategic Evaluation Letter. Work with Product Cost Estimating to set commodity Financial targets based on defined archetypes & strategic suppliers.
- Support Programme Manager and Concept Leader to balance performance and cost targets.
- Define programme’s Electrical & Electronics engineering resource requirements (internal and external).
- Work with Concept Leader to ensure that platform commodities and functional archetypes are applied, and that Function commodities integrate effectively with other commodities to achieve overall vehicle targets.
- Use external engineering partners as required to deliver non-platform commodities in line with the functional archetypes and engineering guidelines, using Electrical & Electronics Performance Engineers to ensure system level targets are achieved.
- Ensure platform commodities are delivered (by platform engineers) to achieve the programme’s cascaded system level targets.
- Co-located with Programme Manager, collaborates with cross-functional programme team including application engineers from other Functions, Vehicle Performance & Concept, Purchasing, Manufacturing & Quality to deliver the programme QCWFT (quality, cost, weight, function and timing) requirements.
- Plan Electrical & Electronics Function programme delivery to achieve the VPP.
- Ensure that platform engineers & external engineering partners achieve the plan (with their component suppliers), creating & managing recovery plans as required. Includes releasing application components & driving ETRS for platform components.
- Monitor internal & external resource utilisation to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme
- Creates & manage the Function’s virtual & physical DV plan.
- Ensures effective report writing to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme.
- Ensure that all concerns are robustly resolved. First port of call for build issues. Includes resolving concerns on application components & driving concern resolution for platform components.
- Complete FESO documentation for application commodities, drive completion for platform commodities.
- Guarantees the functional & technical delivery of the system to the project.
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Proven record of delivering Electrical or Electronics commodities, including quality, cost, function, weight and timing.
- Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. releasing, concerns, containments, gateways and sign off documentation.
- Experience of leading a cross functional team, including complex issue resolution.
- Proven management of outsourced projects
- Supplier management experience
- Preferably Chartered Engineering status or equivalent
- Experience of more than one of the following commodities is preferred: infotainment, audio, cluster & displays, tracker & e-call, antennas, switchgear, lighting, camera & PDCs, body electronics, power management, EDS
- Excellent technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of using calculation and analysis to drive design.
- Excellent knowledge of automotive quality tools and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of the manufacturing processes to create the components or systems.
- Microsoft project experience is desirable
- Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion
- Must be able to manage large workloads in a high pressure environment and prioritise accordingly.
- Must be able to project manage and work collaboratively with a cross-functional team
- Ability to lead and inspire a team
- Able to set and deliver targets
- Strategic thinking and decision making skills.
- Clean driving license
- Travel may be required, UK & overseas.
- Salary: £45,000 circa
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme, either a Mercedes or Ford.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend