Material Planner - SUP209
Job no: 492342
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To schedule and control the supply of components/materials to meet immediate production requirements and forward production programmes consistent with attaining target stock levels. To be aware of all factors that affects or may affect availability of use/fitment for all parts controlled.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Generate and communicate supplier material delivery schedules to ensure that they correctly reflect requirements to meet immediate and future production demands.
- Assure supply of materials to meet the production schedule and / or minimum safety stock levels.
- Understand and manage risks to the material supply plan to minimise impact on the production schedule.
- Take the lead in co-ordinating the implementation of modifications with the supply base to minimise obsolete stock and assure material availability.
- Initiate inventory management and stock adjustments when required, to maintain continued accuracy and reliability of stock records. Key liaison with the Logistics Provider and Inventory Analysis Team to ensure inventory record accuracy.
- Develop supplier relationships to allow constructive discussions to take place regarding delivery KPI improvements on behalf of the business. Lead and co-ordinate improvement plans with suppliers that are not performing.
- Negotiate with supplier, the finance for “special transport” to ensure costs are kept to an absolute minimum, whilst maintaining material availability.
- Where quality problems threaten production continuity, raise containments/rework requests, organize rework required, obtain suppliers authorization for cost where applicable to enable release of goods not confirming to Engineering specification.
- Lead quantity related invoice queries.
- Assist Accounts Department in resolution of price related invoice queries.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in Material Planning & Logistics or material planning desired, ideally in the automotive industry
- An awareness of Aston Martin Production System / Lean Manufacturing would be an advantage
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy, together with the ability to work accurately and efficiently, taking resourceful action during periods of considerable pressure.
- Automotive components experience desirable.
- Computer Literate essential.
- Degree or Higher diploma qualified or equivalent preferable.
Further Job Details:
- Hourly Rate £18ph
- Rolling Contract
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. You have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment - fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic
Please click on the 'apply online' button to submit your application.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend