Senior Engineer - Chassis Perfromance - CHS049
Job no: 492297
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes
Support design, simulation and integration of Chassis systems from concept through to production
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Support Chassis benchmarking activities at system and component level
- Generate and maintain Chassis Performance targets documentation
- Report out Chassis system status versus targets to support Concept Platform and Application requirements
- Generate and maintain Chassis hard point tracking and release documents
- Support initial definition of tuneable suspension components for early build phases
- Support characterisation of Chassis component parts via rig testing to generate data for Chassis Simulation team and Vehicle Attribute functions
- Document tuneable part requirements and cascade to Component Engineers.
- Generate and maintain Chassis tuneable part trackers
- Support integration of Chassis system archetypes into concept vehicle platform
- Support early (X0/X1) Chassis vehicle build and test planning
- Create and maintain interface control documentation for joints and fixings
- Support continual improvement processes and assist with investigations into ride, handling and steering issues during development
- Support problem solving / Quality teams as directed by management.
- Support Chassis Innovation strategy by keeping abreast of relevant technical developments within the industry
- Support creation of internal processes, standards and test procedures for Chassis Performance area
- Assist with IPR searches for Chassis systems and components
- Work with Vehicle Attribute areas to ensure Chassis concepts are compatible with vehicle level targets
- Liaise with Manufacturing, Aftersales and L&C functions to ensure specific requirements are captured
Qualification & Experience
- Engineering Degree in appropriate discipline
- Experience gained within Chassis design.
- Experience working within Chassis / Vehicle Dynamics in an OEM
- Experience of setting and maintaining Chassis system targets
- Good understanding of Chassis & Vehicle Dynamic properties and tuning
- Worked as a Chassis Component Engineer for at least 2 years
- Competent with Chassis CAE software (ADAMS/CAR, SHARK, VI-Grade Car Real Time)
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Working knowledge of Altair Hyperworks, nCode, Matlab
- Working knowledge of automotive suspension, braking, and steering systems
- Knowledge of Mission Product Development process or equivalent (GPDS, FPDS)
- Strong time management, accuracy, diligence, ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs
- Competent in all Microsoft Office applications
- Salary circa: £35,000
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme, either a Mercedes or Ford.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend