Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The purpose of this role is to lead the Design, Release, and Sign Off of the Chassis Subframes.
Key responsibilities and tasks
• Lead the design, release and sign off of Front and Rear Subframes (Isolated and Solid Mounted variants), Subframe Bushes and Structural Undertrays. Other components may be added to this list if work load permits.
• Control design activities for CAD Designers.
• Lead Subframe meetings and ensure good quality minutes are generated swiftly.
• Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends.
• Work with Suppliers to design and develop components to meet all specified requirements such as weight, cost, durability, and performance targets.
• Analyse the suitability of ‘parts bin’ components.
• Manage Suppliers to ensure parts are delivered on time to the required quality standard
• Work closely with Manufacturing and Launch to enable swift and accurate fitment of components to vehicles.
• Work with Vehicle Dynamics to meet attribute targets and achieve freeze dates.
• Lead the Design Verification and Sign Off reporting. Create system level DVPs.
• Support vehicle tests with components where required.
• Lead DFMEAs, Quality history reviews, Robustness studies etc.
Qualifications and experience
• Engineering Degree in appropriate discipline
• Experience within an automotive or automotive components supplier group
• Excellent design and engineering knowledge of Subframes & Chassis components
• Component Engineering Experience
• Competent in Microsoft Office applications
• Can work efficiently with minimum supervision
• Prepared to manage Suppliers both in UK and abroad
• Rig test environment experience
• Proven problem solving abilities
• Proficient in Engineering Drawing Standards
• Strong time management, accuracy, diligence, ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs
• Strong Interest in Chassis Dynamics
• Some experience of NX CAD system would be useful but not essential
Please note: This role is a fixed term contract until October 2018
How to apply:
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. You have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment - fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic
Please click on the 'apply online' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.